A lot of guys don’t wash their beards, or, if they do, they use bar or body soap they’d use on their underarms. STOP! You’ll dry out your beard and the skin underneath.
Beard care is hair care, meaning, you should wash your beard with the same mindset as washing your hair. Shampoo your beard at least a few times a week. It’s best to use a moisturizing shampoo to prevent hair from getting brittle.
Make sure to add beard oil to give moisture back to your beard and to help keep the skin and hair healthy and hydrated. In order to prevent your beard from getting too wiry, use conditioner! Consider using a leave-in conditioner to make it easy.
Pro Tip: Whatever your rub into your beard is bound to get on your skin, so make sure you’re choosing the right products for your skin too.
Products We Recommend:
- Beardsley Ultra Shampoo for Beards
- Baxter of California Daily Protein Shampoo
- Truefitt & Hill Moisturizing Vitamin E Shampoo
- Taylor of Old Bond Street Moustache & Beard Conditioner
- Badger Balm Organic Beard Oil
- Clubman Beard Oil
- Captain Fawcett Beard Oil Private Stock
- Percy Nobleman Beard Conditioning Oil
- Crux Supply Co Beard Oil